VDH making changes to COVID website
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Virginia Department of Health says several changes are coming to the COVID-19 website starting Thursday, May 19.
Starting on that date, the following dashboards will no longer be updated:
- Cases by vaccination status (will be archived on the Virginia Open Data Portal)
- Federal vaccine doses
- Vaccines received (will be archived on the Virginia Open Data Portal)
- Cases and deaths by date reported
VDH’s Explanation of the Removals
- Cases by Vaccination Status: Vaccine and booster recommendations and the definition of “fully vaccinated” is rapidly changing. You can view cases and deaths by vaccination status on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Rates of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by Vaccination Status dashboard. The CDC dashboard is considered the standard for these data.
- Federal Vaccine Doses and Vaccines Received: COVID-19 vaccines are now widely available to anyone who is eligible. There is less of a need to track vaccine doses received and administered each day, since there is no longer a limited COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- Cases and Deaths by Date Reported: You can see cases and deaths by date reported on the Cases dashboard. VDH is also focusing on providing data on cases by date of symptom onset and deaths by date of death. Report date is not the actual date of hospital admission or death, but the date when VDH reports the information on its website. You can see cases by date of symptom onset and deaths by date of death on the Cases dashboard.
VDH also says it is removing the landing pages for:
- Levels of Community Transmission
The dashboards for those pages were no longer published as of March 10.
Click here for more information about the changes.
Copyright 2022 WWBT. All rights reserved.
Want NBC12’s top stories in your inbox each morning? Subscribe here.